About this job
QA Engineer and Product Leader
Clareity Security is the leading provider of data security and revenue assurance products for the real estate industry. Our SAFEMLS® and SAFEACCESS™ products help MLS organizations and real estate professionals easily and effectively safeguard sensitive consumer information against unauthorized access and provide assurance that all users of the system are positively identified. Clareity Security was launched in 2004 and serves over 65 customers representing almost 500,000 subscribers. We are a small but efficient organization that values a strong work ethic combined with the desire to have fun doing it!
We are looking for a QA Engineer & Product Leader to join our team. You will play a critical role in product development and you will drive the QA efforts and activities at Clareity Security. This is a fantastic opportunity for the kind of person who wants to play a leading role at the company and make a huge impact – and who has the skills to drive all aspects of QA with a significant role in Product Management as well. This position will work closely with the Chief Software Architect and the development team and will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
We build the software that powers the authentication systems of real estate multiple listing services and other real estate software. In this role you will have exposure to software security, high scalability, high availability, and SAAS solutions. We use the Scrum development process. Our systems are primarily MySql & Java-based.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Define the role of QA in the SDLC, and integrate proven software QA practices into our ship effort.
- Engage in the entire product cycle, from design to shipment to support. Provide quality feedback to the team, and ensure the quality level of the product is known at all points in the process.
- Generate a test plan for each new feature developed. At times a functional specification may be available; at other times the test plan should be prepared from artifacts of the scrum process.
- Perform secondary unit testing, integration testing, and regression testing on all new features developed.
- Work as a peer with the rest of the team, producing a collaborative approach to quality. Assist developers and program managers in developing their own quality process. Ensure that the overall team process is engineered to product quality results.
- Build test harnesses or related tools as needed to improve long-term testability
- See and raise project issues as early as possible in the process, working with other team members to resolve the issues to drive to a quality and predictable delivery
- Oversee the defect reporting system, ensuring that issues discovered through any means (including by customers) are visible and managed in the system
- A bachelors degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to independently lead a QA effort on a shipping commercial product
- Expert at administering and using test support tools such as bug tracking database, load tester, network capture tools, etc
- A steady pattern of increasing success in your career
- Relentless drive to find the defects in a system, and to defend the customer experience
- A willingness to do whatever it takes to succeed - as small but profitable company, each team member may be called on to wear many hats
- Ability to understand and test to customer requirements, in addition to the details of the spec
- Experience with MySQL and/or Java a plus
- Willingness to relocate to Knoville, TN or Overland Park, KS
How to apply:
Submit resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply